Two years ago, President Obama pushed legislation through the U.S. Senate that has been very controversial. Known as, the “Affordable Care Act” (ACA), or the more common name of “Obamacare,” this legislation reformed our nation’s healthcare system by providing health insurance to millions of Americans who were previously uninsured. The Supreme Court of the United States, in order to verify its constitutional validity and, perhaps, repeal parts of the law or even the legislation in its entirety, is now reviewing the Affordable Care Act. Many Republican’s are hoping that the healthcare law will be rescinded due to their claim that the government mandate, which requires all Americans to purchase health insurance is unconstitutional.
Pension Funds Investing in Industrial Midwest Score Solid Returns
By Marco Trbovich
Detroit, MI – Private equity firms and their investors from Taft-Hartley and state pension funds offered compelling accounts of their success in securing profitable returns on investment in U.S. manufacturing – especially in the Midwest – at the Heartland Capital Strategies fourth and final Responsible Investment Forum, organized in collaboration with the Blue Green Alliance.
- Technology in the Classroom Monday, 21 May 2012 11:16
- Short texting away my vocab Monday, 21 May 2012 11:16
- Anonymous Attacks on the Internet Monday, 21 May 2012 11:16
- When Collective Bargaining Works Monday, 21 May 2012 11:16
- A Smart Move by the TSA Monday, 21 May 2012 11:16
- The Jellyfish Are Taking Over! Monday, 21 May 2012 11:16
- Would You Trust This Man? Monday, 21 May 2012 11:16
- Mortgage Rescue Scams, the Latest Ugly Face of the Mortgage Crisis Monday, 21 May 2012 11:16
- Democracy Wins! Monday, 21 May 2012 11:16
- Creating a Soundtrack for a Campaign Monday, 21 May 2012 11:16